Soo Lake Association Clothing is available to purchase online and will be delivered to the address you provide. Follow the link below to view our catalog.
Friday July 3rd 2020 4th of July Fireworks ! Rain date of Saturday July 4th.
Hello Soo Lake Membership.
I hope everyone is enjoying the summer as well as you can, under these unusual circumstances. Everything is sure different with all that we do. Following are some of the things that the Soo Lake board, officers and myself have tried to plan (or not) for the near future.
1) We are NOT having a membership meeting in June because of the Corona virus. We would like to try one in July if the number of Corona cases gets better. We will keep you informed.
2) We are still planning on having the fireworks this year on the 3rd of July (rain date on the 4th). As you know, the lake association has taken over the task of organizing, fund raising and doing the show itself. We have purchased and built equipment to make the lighting procedure safer. As always, the best view will be on the lake, as we are still shooting the show from Paul & Diane Albright’s place. Thanks again to Paul & Diane for all of the years of the great fireworks display they always gave all of us. Also another thank you for letting us shoot our show there as well.
3) We are going to have a boat parade again, as we always have done. Please join us in decorating your boats and pontoons with the “Stars & Stripe” attire and meet in front of Long John’s at 7:00 before the fireworks show. This will give everyone plenty of time to parade around the lake and to find a spot on the lake for a perfect view of the fireworks. There has been concerns voiced by some of the members about throwing balloons. If you plan on throwing balloons, please make sure they are biodegradable.
4) The Soo Lake fishing contest will have to be postponed until next year, again because of these crazy times.
5) At this time we are planning on having our Soo Lake picnic at our September meeting, if we are able to under the ever changing conditions. This will be at Flambeau Forest Inn again this year. We will plan on having our big raffle (class A) and the buckets raffles too. The tickets will be passed out at our July meeting, provided we are able to have it. More information to follow on this too.
Please stay safe and enjoy our beautiful lake.
Tom Frane / President
Soo Lake United Association
Fishing, Hunting, ATV trails. Snowmobile Trails great place to vacation, live or retire.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with website suggestions